Peter Skwirz concentrates his practice in municipal law and litigation.
He frequently works with municipalities and municipal boards on a wide array of labor issues that span contract negotiations, arbitrations and grievances; the Open Meetings Act and access to public records; tax issues and appeals for personal and real property; and a variety of other vital legal matters.
When needed, he represents firm clients in litigation in state and federal courts on matters such as contract disputes, cases involving statutory interpretation, overtime and wage-hour disputes and ongoing labor issues.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Attorney, Roger Williams University School of Law Pro Bono Collaborative
Honors & Achievements
- Recipient of Rhode Island Bar Journal Lauren E. Jones Writing Award
- Recipient of Outstanding Community Service Award from the Blackstone Value Advocacy Center
- Roger Williams University School of Law, magna cum laude
- University of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island
- U.S District Court for the District of Rhode Island