Our attorneys regularly represent individuals and businesses before local review boards including zoning boards, planning boards, historic district commissions. We frequently handle applications for development that require review and approval by the Coastal Resources Management Council. We serve several municipalities, community organizations, and state agencies, advising them on issues that span historic preservation, litigation, affordable housing, design review and smart growth studies and ordinances.
Our attorneys have been instrumental in drafting new state enabling legislation on zoning and land development and has drafted dozens of municipal land use ordinances.
The team represents a wide range of clients including Fortune 500 companies, developers, universities, municipalities, family-owned businesses, and individuals in zoning, permitting and other land use matters before city and town councils, zoning and planning boards, historic commissions, coastal zone agencies throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Recent Land Use & Zoning News:
- Scott Ritch, Mike Ursillo & Amy Goins Recognized by RI Monthly for Excellence in Law
- Drowning in Liability: Reducing Climate Change Impacts Through Municipal Planning & Zoning
- UTR Named by Best Law Firms, Best Lawyers, Lawyer of Year for 2021
- UTR Represents Warren Land Conservation Trust in Successful Acquisition
- UTR Represents Topgolf in Successful Permitting in Cranston