UTR attorneys’ municipal law experience has included representation of twelve Rhode Island cities and towns on all sides of the political aisle.
We have successfully assisted municipalities navigate issues that include labor contract negotiations and grievances; open meeting laws and public records requests; tax revaluations and appeals; code violations and other vital municipal issues. We frequently assist clients with negotiating-reviewing-drafting easements or conveyances of property, and issuance and transfer of liquor, victualing and other licenses.
We can represent you or your business if you have an issue with your local government.
Municipal and Agency Solicitor Experience
UTR and/or its member attorneys have represented the following municipal and agency clients:
- City of Central Falls
- City of East Providence (Labor Counsel)
- City of Providence (Special Counsel for Retirement Board loan)
- East Bay Energy Consortium
- East Providence Waterfront District Commission (Special Legal Counsel)
- I-195 Redevelopment District Commission (Local Special Legal Counsel)
- Town of Barrington
- Town of Bristol
- Town of East Greenwich
- Town of Little Compton (Special Counsel for Planning Board)
- Town of New Shoreham (Special Counsel for Historic District Commission; Special Counsel for Zoning Enforcement Officer)
- Town of Portsmouth (Labor Counsel)
- Town of South Kingstown
- Town of Tiverton
- Town of West Greenwich
- Town of West Warwick (Labor Counsel)
- Town of Westerly (Special Counsel for Airport Zoning; Labor Counsel; Special Counsel for Litigation)