Mike Ursillo maintains a general practice of law, with emphasis on municipal law, labor law, and estate planning.
With over 35 years of municipal law experience — including representation of twelve Rhode Island cities and towns on all sides of the political aisle — Mike has successfully assisted municipalities navigate issues that include labor contract negotiations and grievances; open meeting laws and public records requests; tax revaluations and appeals; code violations and other vital municipal issues. Most recently, Mike was appointed — in January 2021 — as the City Solicitor for the City of Warwick
Known for getting to the heart of legal matters to resolve disputes, build consensus and avoid litigation, Mike brings an in-depth understanding of the critical challenges facing municipalities across our state; ultimately, his knowledge and familiarity with multiple municipalities will result in efficiencies cities and towns and their taxpayers.
Mike has also been a probate judge for over twenty-five years and has an extensive estate planning practice, including drafting of wills and trusts as well as sophisticated planning vehicles for his clients.
Outside the office, Mike spends time kayaking, biking and hiking. He is involved in leadership programs for college students through his continued association with his fraternity, Sigma Chi, and was recently appointed to the Sigma Chi Foundation Board of Governors.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- City Solicitor, City of Warwick
- Probate Judge, Town of West Greenwich
- Fellow, Rhode Island Bar Foundation
- Member, Rhode Island Supreme Court Board of Bar Examiners
- Former Member, Rhode Island Supreme Court Committee on Character and Fitness
Honors & Achievements
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Rated Attorney
- Past International President, Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Law Clerk, Hon. Thomas F. Kelleher, Rhode Island Supreme Court
- Chief Law Clerk, Rhode Island Superior Court Clerk Pool
- Lawyer-of-the-Year 2024, Best Lawyers
- Boston University School of Law
- Brown University, magna cum laude
- Rhode Island
- U.S District Court for the District of Rhode Island