Andrew M. Teitz has been recognized by his peers as one of the Best Lawyers in America™ in Land Use and Zoning Law by Woodward/White Inc. and as one of the country’s Top Lawyers™ by Corporate Counsel. Andy serves several municipalities, community organizations, and state agencies, advising them on issues that span training, historic preservation law, litigation, affordable housing, design review and smart growth studies and ordinances.
Andy was instrumental in drafting new state enabling legislation on zoning and land development and has drafted dozens of municipal land use ordinances. He has also been appointed as a Special Master by the Rhode Island Supreme Court.
He represents a wide range of clients including Fortune 500 corporations, developers, universities, municipalities, family-owned businesses, and individuals in zoning, permitting and other land use matters before city and town councils, zoning and planning boards, historic commissions, coastal zone agencies throughout Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
- Municipal Law
- Land Use
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Certified Professional Planner, American Institute of Certified Planners
- Certified Arbitrator, Rhode Island Superior Court
Honors & Achievements
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Rated Attorney
- Selected as ‘Lawyer of the Year for Litigation – Land Use and Zoning’
- Trinity College (Phi Beta Kappa)
- Columbia University School of Law
- Rhode Island
- U.S District Court for the District of Rhode Island
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court