Troy Costa maintains a general practice of law with a focus in business and real estate law.
He represents individuals, businesses, lenders and landlords in various types of commercial and residential real estate transactions. Bringing his experience on both sides of the table, he helps clients with purchases, sales, leases, landlord-tenant matters, REO, purchase money financing and related financing transactions, including reverse mortgage transactions. He reviews real estate titles, resolves title issues, records documents and prepares title insurance policies for purchasers and lenders.
On the business side, he helps clients with purchases and sales of assets and stock, mergers and acquisitions, and purchase money financings. He assists clients in choice of entity matters and in forming and organizing corporations, LLCs, partnerships, and handles dissolutions, reinstatements and reorganizations, resolves internal governance issues and prepares bylaws, operating and management agreements, and partnership agreements. He also prepares, reviews and negotiates various types of other business contracts, including employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, non-competition agreements, non-disclosure agreements, buy-sell agreements and equipment leases.
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Chairperson, South Coastal Friends of Legal Services
- Volunteer Attorney, South Coastal Counties Legal Services
- Member, Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Bristol County Bar Association
- Member, Bar Association of Norfolk County
- Moot Court Judge, American Bar Association Moot Court Competition, National Appellate Advocacy Competition (2013, 2014, 2015
- Massachusetts Court Certified Conciliator
Honors & Achievements
- First Justices’ Award for Pro Bono Publico Excellence
- Roger Williams University
- Southern New England School of Law, n/k/a University of Massachusetts School of Law
- U.S District Court for the District of Massachusetts